€65.50 (estimate, available Nov 2022)
Specially designed to cope with, high-current, solenoid point-motors, the YD8044 is our 4-fold solenoid decoder with CDU and Frog Supply.
It presents the following features:
- Four independent 9.5Amp solenoid outputs
- Smart, 9400 uF CDU, monitoring charge levels for safe and powerful switching
- Only 380 mA power consumption during charging
- Frog polarization through a 2 Amp relay which switches together with the solenoid outputs
- Very simple basic-setup (base address), by pressing the programming button and switching the desired turnout address
- No complicated CV settings.
- Clear-text configuration based upon our new ES-Link technology.
With our YD9101-Config or YD7100-Command, configuration can be done via built-in web interface. No need for PC-software or Phone/Tablet Apps !
- or -
when using the classic Windows PC interface, the YD9100 config-USB-stick as well as our YD6016LN can provide the configuration.
- Four address to output mappings, each mapping can a free choice address which can switch any and every output
- Sequential output activation based upon pulse time and CDU charge level.
- CDU startup delay adjustable to prevent tripping short circuit protection in boosters
- Very modest power supply requirements. Even for SEEP/Gaugemaster motors a 15V/500mA wall wart is more than enough.
- Not suitable for motorized point motors.
By means of it’s powerful CDU the YD8044 can deliver up to 10 Amps to a connected coil.
Yes it can. That is, the YD8044 will sequentially switch the assigned turnouts in left to right order as seen in the image below.
Depending on how quickly the CDU will be recharged, the switching will appear more or less simultaneous.
Here Address #1 switches turnout on Out 1 and after that turnout on Out 2.
The YD8044 has very modest requirements on it’s power supply.
Due to it’s built-in CDU, the power supply never has to supply the switching coil-current. (which may be as high as 10 Amps)
The CDU charge current tops at a maximum of 350 mA at 19 V input voltage. So a 15 V / 0.5 Amp wall-wart adapter is fully sufficient to supply the YD8044.